Saturday, October 29, 2005

Funny, I blog and God answers

The message in church tonight was on "God Works the Night Shift." Odd, because the pastor changed his subject this week. Did he read my blog? He spoke all about how God takes care of things just fine without me while I sleep.

Historical view of the cycle of the "day" is that the day started at sunset (Genesis: "And the evening and the morning were the first day"). Most of us think our days start with an alarm clock. No wonder we're so stressed. The first thing we hear is an alarm?

In embracing the concept that my day starts with sunset, I can realize that the first thing God wants me to do in my "day" is to relax and go to sleep. Staying awake, worrying or problem-solving, is not my job. God is on duty. He never slumbers, He never sleeps.

The difference between Him and I is that He doesn't sometimes think He is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment