Wednesday, October 19, 2005

God breezes

Sometimes the Bible has described the moving of the Spirit like a rushing wind. Sometimes I find it's a gentle breeze.

Like being given the clarity in understanding that the real offense was not my own child's hurt feelings, it was the boorish adult who shouldn't have been in the dressing room in the first place. This I can take to the coach - and did. And the coach can deal with it. Problem handled.

Clarity in getting to the core issue in a troublesome problem involves setting aside my own blinding passions. God helps me see the bigger picture. It wasn't just my child, it could have been any number of kids affected by the comments of the stray adult. As they say, it's sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees, so always taking it to God first will help to ensure I get His perspective instead of wallowing in my short sightedness.

Sometimes you need a microscope, sometimes you need a wide angle lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment