Saturday, September 22, 2007

Leading Worship


Is that title a bit of an oxymoron? Encouraging Worship, Modeling Worship, Practicing Worship, perhaps are all more accurate for what I do when I stand up with three other singers and a five piece band and sing songs to the Love of our life, our Heavenly Father, the Lord and Saviour of our souls.



After a week of up and down struggle, of indecision, of sin....(forgive me, Lord).... I had to do some serious soul searching (and genuine prayer) before I even stood up to sing tonight.



I cannot lead anyone to where I have not gone myself. I follow the criteria of God's word:

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit...


Contrite and humble. Following the Shepherd. As I follow Him, perhaps others will follow too...


Satisfied
by Ronnie Freeman

You satisfy my soul
And I stand amazed at the blessings unknown
And still to this day the mercies you show
Make it clear to see that You love me

And You give each breath I breathe
You cover the skies with beautiful things
You've proven that you will provide for my needs
The way you fill me Lord, how could I ask for more?

When I'm satisfied.
Satisfied.
I've been cared for so faithfully.
But, Lord, hear my plea,
May it be that you're satisfied with me.

You give me grace without end
You have forever removed all my sin
And now the Maker of heaven and earth calls me friend
And from the joy this brings - oh, how my spirit sings!

I'm satisfied.
Satisfied.
I've been cared for so faithfully.
But, Lord, hear my plea,
May it be that you're satisfied with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment