Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My hearing is getting better

This morning I woke and read:

"...the High Places of victory and union with Christ cannot be reached by any mental reckoning of self to be dead to sin, or by seeking to devise some way or discipline by which the will can be crucified. The only way is by learning to accept, day by day, the actual conditions and tests permitted by God, by a continually repeated laying down of our own will and acceptance of his as it is presented to us in the form of the people with whom we have to live and work, and in the things which happen to us. Every acceptance of his will becomes an altar of sacrifice and every such surrender and abandonment of ourselves to his will is a means of furthering us on the way to the High places to which he desires to bring every child of his while they are still living on earth." (1)

Then God brought to mind this hymn my parents used to sing:

God's way is the best way
Though I may not see
Why sorrows and trials
Oft gather round me

He ever is seeking
My gold to refine
So humbly I'll trust him
My saviour devine

God's way is the best way
God's way is the right way
I'll trust in him always
He knoweth the best.

Prayer:
Lord help my unbelief. Help me to trust you in the dark. Remove the scales from my eyes so that I can clearly see you. Remove the stubborn wax of disobedience from my ears so that I can clearly hear you. "Do thou turn me all into love and all my love into obedience and may my obedience be without interruption."

Amen.




(1) From "Hinds Feeet on High Places" preface by Hannah Hurnard
(2) Lydia S. Leech, 1911.

No comments:

Post a Comment