Friday, December 28, 2007

Hawaii - Day 6

I'm sitting in the ship's library listening to echoes of a pretty good lounge singer from down the way. Here's some candid observations of the cruise overall.

The food is good, the freestyle dining means we can eat where we want, when we want, with whomever we want. We've tried to eat together as a family - the 5 of us for dinner. It's the only time I see Andrew unless we've booked a shore excursion together. The staff are helpful and generally friendly. The "all you can drink" soft drink flat rate wasn't worth the money. The cruise seemed a reasonable price until you add on the shore excursions. The rocking motion of the boat simulates a cradle. I'm sleeping much better. Would I cruise again? Perhaps. I have too many other places I'd like to go first. It was a very good way to see the Hawai'ian Islands, though. Very good.

Today was quite a highlight but the rain dampened things a bit. We took about an hour helicopter ride through some of the most beautiful country I have ever imagined. Setting for Fantasy Island, Jurassic Park, Six Days Seven Nights, and others - beautiful waterfalls, gorges, lush greenery. There is no way I can do it justice. Check back later for photos.

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. If you're ever in Hawaii, use them! They're great.

We had a luau tonight. It was a good show, fairly good food. Lots of shakin and dancin goin on. Some really big boys.... yikes. I didn't expect that. Look more like they spend their evenings eating chips on the couch rather than dancing excruciatingly beautiful hula and other dances.

Still felt like cattle, as there were over 800 people at the "intimate" luau.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment