Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Poetry, Friends, Rain

I'm back in poetry class.  I'm grateful for an experienced and loving teacher as well as wise and talented classmates who critique with sensitivity and depth. If you want to read any of my completed assignments, email me.  

We entertained Saturday for the first time in a very long time. The key to this, I find, is inviting entertaining personalities and who naturally love to assume the responsibility of being the entertainer. I am grateful for my friends. They give meaning to my ashes.

It has been raining steadily for over a week. Along with the spring thaw runoff from the mountains, the river is very high. What's worse, we haven't be able to walk the ridge and inhale the beauty. I'm grateful I don't have to water my lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment