Friday, June 20, 2008

Hope

"At the end of broken dreams, 
He's the open door." 


It's an intentional act of the will 
to remember truth:
greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. I feel fear, but in Jesus I still grow, still do it anyways. Waking to His daily gifts, I know, experientially and intimately, His perfect love. And His perfect love, when I stay in the moment of it, focus on it, accept it, casts out all fear. 
~Ann Voskamp @ Holy Listening


Looking for a friend, where could you turn?
You spoke the words of a prayer
And you found Him there, arms open wide, love in His eyes
Jesus, he meets you where you are
Jesus, he heals your secret scars
All the love that you're longing for is Jesus
The friend of a wounded heart
~Wayne Watson (full lyrics here)

No comments:

Post a Comment