Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Getting to Know You

Need a diversion? Welcome to the 2008 edition of “Getting to Know Your Friends.” Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including me (or post in Comments). The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
  1. What time did you get up this morning? 9:00 am. It was Labour Day... I wanted to sleep in, but there was this pancake breakfast.... 
  2. Diamond or pearls? Both. 
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Indiana Jones (Aliens. Lame.) Oops. Sorry if you haven’t seen it yet. I’ve spoiled the ending. Or perhaps it was spoiled before I watched it.... 
  4. What is your favourite TV show(s)? I don’t have time to watch TV. It used to be Amazing Race when they had real people on it instead of models and the outcome wasn’t rigged. Not that I’m jaded. 
  5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Triple-shot, extra-hot, non-fat, sugar-free, Cinnamon Dolce latté and bacon and egg on an English muffin. 
  6. What food do you dislike? Brussels sprouts. 
  7. What is your favourite CD at the moment? anything by Chris Botti, but Michael Buble is a close second. 
  8. What kind of vehice do you drive? Honda Pilot (but I’d rather be driving Brent’s Porsche Cayman S). 
  9. Favourite sandwich? I don’t do sandwiches much but if I have to choose, I’d have peanut butter over butter on a folded slice of soft, fresh, whole wheat bread. 
  10. What characteristic do you despise? Nepotism. 
  11. Favourite item of clothing? Lulu Lemon yoga pants. 
  12. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Monterosso (Cinque Terre, Italian Riviera). 
  13. Favourite brand of clothing? Jones New York. 
  14. Where would you like to retire? At a private beach on a lake in a warm (not sweltering) climate. 
  15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? The big Five-O. I was flying to Hawaii for the first time. 
  16. Favourite sport to watch? Whatever my son is doing. Hockey, skiing, dating... 
  17. Furthest place you are sending this? Florida. 
  18. Person you expect to respond first? You
  19. When is your birthday? Not often enough (Dec. 21) 
  20. Are you a morning person or a night person? I was born on the longest night of the year... What do you think? :-) 
  21. What is your shoe size? 9.5 and 10 (different size feet – shoe shopping is a nightmare) 
  22. Pets? Only dogs. Cats make me itch. 
  23. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I just won my first cash award in a poetry contest. 
  24. What did you want to be when you were little? Bigger. 
  25. How are you today? Calm. I spent the day breathing fresh air, absorbing warm sun beside a lake. I’m in my happy place. 
  26. What is your favourite candy? It’s a toss up: Bueno or shoestring red licorice. 
  27. What is your favourite flower? Blue Iris. Roses are a very close second. 
  28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Sept. 15. 
  29. What was your full name at birth? Joyce Elaine Nickel. 
  30. What are you listening to right now? A 15 year old panicking because he forgot to take his dirty clothes to the laundry room. 
  31. Current Book? Two Solitudes by Hugh Maclennan and Good Poems for Hard Times collected by Garrison Keillor 
  32. What did you eat last night? My words. 
  33. Favourite soft drink? In a perfect world, regular Dr. Pepper. In reality, Diet Caffeine-Free Coke. With a lemon slice. 
  34. Favourite restaurant? Milestones. 
  35. Hair colour? Whatever my hairdresser thinks looks good this month. 
  36. What was your favourite toy as a child? My dolly. 
  37. Favorite childhood activity? Riding my bike. 
  38. Summer or winter? See #14. 
  39. Hugs or Kisses? Both. At the same time, preferably. 
  40. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla in coffee, chocolate in candy. 
  41. Coffee or Tea? Espresso. See #5. 
  42. Do you want your friends to email you back? After I’ve worked so hard to be funny and entertaining? Are you kidding me? 
  43. The last time you cried? When was the last time I didn’t cry? 
  44. What is under your bed? Dust bunnies. 
  45. What did you do last night? We were camping with friends. We BBQ’d, played Sequence, visited, enjoyed some wine, slept soundly. 
  46. What are you afraid of? People who aren’t open. I’d rather be hurt than oblivious. 
  47. How many keys on your key ring? On my main ring, four. Plus a key tag, a miniature Lego Darth Vader, a Jackson Hole souvenir key ring that says “JH” (my initials). Then there’s the trailer key set, the work key set and the bicycle locks key set.... 
  48. How many years at your current job? One too many.
  49. Favourite day of the week? Don’t make me pick. 
  50. How many towns/ suburbs have you lived in? 7 towns, 26 residences
  51. Do you make friends easily? Moving that much, I had to learn. The real question is, do they think I’m their friend? See 46 :-) It takes time to make a truly good friend. I think the depth of a friendship is more important than the quantity of friends. 
  52. How many people will you send this to? You’re the only one that matters. 
  53. How many will respond? Only the ones who think I’m their friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment