Friday, March 27, 2009

"I Tell You the Truth"

I've published 700 posts. This is 701. And that's just this blog. I have others.

I often ask myself "Why am I telling you this?" about whatever it is I am writing. And almost every time, the answer returns: "I don't know why. I just need to."

Perhaps yesterday's post is part of the reason. Somehow, some day, some way, there might be a little post - a little part of me - that resonates with you. Sometimes I just need to get it out of my head and into print so that I can sort it through. As Lisa Samson, novelist, says: "I write so others will know they are not alone." Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel says "I write to understand as much as to be understood."

And I? I write to declare the truth that transforms lives. Starting with mine. I don't always follow the truth. I don't always believe the truth. I don't always live the truth. But by God's grace, I want to follow the truth. I trace God's fingerprint on my heart, I hear the still small voice of the Holy Spirit and I desire more than anything to know Jesus Christ, the only One who is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6) I pray my journey with Him helps you in yours.

Thank you for walking in step with me on this amazing journey, if only for a few paces. It's wonderful sharing the path with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment