Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stream of Self Consciousness

I started the day thinking about getting serious about writing humour. I read about Richard Lewis, the comedian who has made a career of using humour like therapy.

He says "I know there's a thin line between being unbelievably revealing and narcissistic, and that's always been my fear about doing this stuff on stage. But as it turns out, people really relate to it. Otherwise it would just be crazily indulgent."

So, after spending weeks praying about what I should write, and continuing to do *morning pages (and mourning pages and midday pages and evening pages and wee hours of the morning pages) I'm beginning to get a feel for what I really want to write.

Satire.

Now to see if I can....
.
.
.
.
*from Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... looking forward to seeing some of your satire, as it's a hard genre to write. :) BTW, I've nominated you for the Premio Dardos Award.

    ReplyDelete