Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Love Dare, Day 3

So, this was a pretty good day.

We went to church last night so we slept in this morning, went out for brunch, ran a few errands, dropped by to see the store where our son is now working, visited the new mall north of town, stopped at Peter's Drive In on the way home. I went to read to my friend at the Care Centre and hubby watered the lawn and tidied the kitchen. Then we rocked the end of Day Three of the Love Dare.

Statistics show that between the time someone calls a counsellor and the time he/she arrives at the appointment, the individual has already begun to take steps toward solving the problem for which he/she wanted help. The choice to call is evidence of a willingness to do what it takes to solve or overcome the perceived problem.

Starting the Love Dare, I was a skeptic, even though it was my call, my idea, to do it. After all, 28 years and we've had our ups and downs but we're both committed to our marriage. Yet, the mundane gets in the way and the spark, if not flamed, gets pretty cool. The Love Dare is about paying attention. Necessary maintenance. A tune-up, as it were. Only better.

Day Three theme was "Love is not selfish" and the dare was:
Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."
I bought him a KitKat bar. His favorite. He bought me a card. It was perfect. Whoever wrote it was a genius. My eyes leaked.

Bring on Day Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment