Thursday, October 29, 2009

For the Brokenhearted


Psalm 130: 1,2,5

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Psalm 34:18

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 69:20

Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.

Psalm 147:3

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Hebrews 4:15-16

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one (Jesus) who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

excerpts from Psalm 13 (A Lament)

How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? …Look on me and answer, O LORD my God. Give light to my eyes…I trust in your unfailing love…

No comments:

Post a Comment