It was the first Facebook status post I saw when I logged in this afternoon:
Is it really? Or are we too busy to pay attention to life? Unless we are children, don't our own choices determine our life?
Life is too busy.
So I choose busyness when I:
- add a commitment to my calendar without counting the cost
- allow children to be involved in whatever they please
- watch TV or Facebook when work is undone
- take a job that takes me away from home
- keep volunteering because I was so flattered they asked
And then I blame Life? A hasty mistake. How, in the busy, are we to be obedient to the command:
This Christmas season, I'm going to give a few gifts to my family:
Be still and know I am God.
- I'm going to be still.
- Quit a few things.
- Smile more.
What can I give Him, poor as I am?I'm going to
If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb
If I were a wise man I could do my part
But what can I give him? I'll give him my heart.
- Be still
- Know He is in charge
- Trust Him
What kind of gifts are you giving this year?
Photo credit: #iStock_000001419386