Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Busy Does Not Equal Important


It was the first Facebook status post I saw when I logged in this afternoon:
Life is too busy.
Is it really? Or are we too busy to pay attention to life? Unless we are children, don't our own choices determine our life?

So I choose busyness when I:
  • add a commitment to my calendar without counting the cost
  • allow children to be involved in whatever they please
  • watch TV or Facebook when work is undone
  • take a job that takes me away from home
  • keep volunteering because I was so flattered they asked

And then I blame Life? A hasty mistake. How, in the busy, are we to be obedient to the command:
Be still and know I am God.
This Christmas season, I'm going to give a few gifts to my family:
  • I'm going to be still.
  • Listen.
  • Quit a few things.
  • Smile more.
And to God?
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb
If I were a wise man I could do my part
But what can I give him? I'll give him my heart.
I'm going to
  • Listen
  • Be still
  • Know He is in charge
  • Trust Him

What kind of gifts are you giving this year?


Photo credit: #iStock_000001419386

No comments:

Post a Comment