Monday, August 01, 2011

August Long Weekend, College Kid Style



Drove 530 kms over seven hours today with stops, including beautiful Lake Louise. We're staying in Salmon Arm overnight, as I chauffeur four summer kids' camp workers (including my boy) back to Mission, BC. They took the bus from Salmon Arm to Calgary after a mishap with their vehicle, and needed a ride back to BC. Thankfully, Sunday traffic wasn't bad, being a long weekend. Another 5.5 hrs. tomorrow; then after I deliver this precious human cargo, I'll head back home to Calgary.

Update:

Turns out, I drove straight back home through the night and the Big Dipper kept me company out the driver's side window for almost half the trip. Now home safe and sound, ready for a long summer nap.

These are rare treasures: time with my son and time alone. I'm grateful.





Photo: Personal collection (the kids at Lake Louise, since the fella on the left was from Australia and needed to see this iconic location)

No comments:

Post a Comment