Thursday, March 23, 2006

Shattered Dreams, Wounded Hearts, Broken Toys

I don't know if seeing my brother and his family qualifies as a shattered dream, but it left me with a wounded heart to hear his family life won't make connection possible this year. I can take it from the selfish brother who never connects with any of us. And from the wounded brother who broke off connection 25 years ago. But from the brother whose boys are the same age as mine and whose wife always gives me something new to think about and dozens of great laughs, the brother that was "the good son" and the one who always gave me the best advice and always seemed to do the right thing.... I feel like I'm being selfish for being disappointed.

How do I deal with that? My friend Anita would say, "With weak knees and open hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment