Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Run to Gratitude

Sitting at my desk
in the office at my paid job
I am nearly overwhelmed.

Though I am leaving soon
(two weeks and two days)
I have a month of work.

My heart fails.
My eyes leak.
And I know I need to run.

Run to gratitude.
Find the sunshine.
It's always there behind the clouds.

List my blessings.
Count them one by one.
Remember that nothing is new under the sun.


Gratitude for these gifts:
  • an open invitation to boldly approach God and ask for what I need.
  • smiling faces of colleagues who have no idea how much they brighten my day.
  • faithful service by quiet people in unrecognized roles.
  • that very close friend who always listens, always hopes, always trusts, always encourages.
  • warm intertwined limbs with hubby under cosy covers in the early morning.


And I smile sitting at my desk
with a bag full of blessings
and a smile peeking out from behind the cloud.

1 comment:

  1. You write good "stuff." I want to encourage you to write something or post one of your previous written articles for Spiritual Sunday's a blog my wife does.

    ReplyDelete