Monday, October 27, 2008

If I'm writing, why is my blog so quiet?

I resigned my job to have more time for my family, my home and my writing. It's been two weeks and I'm doing a little of all of that. People ask how it's going, how it  feels. 

It feels strange. And good. And depressing. And relaxing. 

I can breathe. I can feel guilty about not meeting my own expectations and then forgive myself. 

I finally made time to go to the doctor about the increasing discomfort in my digestive system since my surgery last June. Since I wasn't working, I finally could take time to stop ignoring it. It had just been getting worse, so I finally made an appointment to see my general practitioner.

Thursday he gave me the news that an incisional hernia has developed from the last surgery. I will require additional surgery to have it repaired.

I'm grateful he has diagnosed it. I am grateful I could finally make time to deal with it. I am trying to be grateful for not being able to exercise as I had hoped. I am definitely grateful that being limited physically will provide me good time to be still and write.

Perhaps my blog will not be so quiet from now on. Thanks for reading!


1 comment: