Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Last Supper from an artist's perspective


In 2007, I was privileged to visit several famous art galleries, sculptures and exhibits in Europe. The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam; Uffizi Gallery and Michelangelo's David in Florence; the Louvre, Paris; The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel, Rome. Standing in front of many of the famous works of art was a privilege. Nothing else has given me an adequate appreciation of the great masters and unsurpassed artistic genius.

However, here is an article by an artist that comes very close. It is lengthy but well worth an unhurried, thoughtful read-through. I believe I will return to this article a number of times to absorb all the author's conclusions. May the eyes of your understanding be enlighted as you enjoy this articulate explanation of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci.

click here: Refractions 21

1 comment:

  1. I've went to find that article.... printed it off so I can read it.

    Your comments on this painting reminds me of the book by Henri Nouwen on Rembrandt's Prodigal Son painting.

    If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it. I read the book during a time when I was getting a deeper revelation of the Father's Love for me/us.

    ReplyDelete