Friday, March 12, 2010

Car Shopping and God's Plan


Our 2003 Civic was struck in a collision on Jan. 1. Today, the insurance company is writing it off. We're looking for a replacement vehicle. Just one more choice and another set of innumerable details to occupy my time. But what this makes possible is obtaining a more practical vehicle for the kind of lifestyle we live. That's good.

In the meantime, I continue to work through sorting out the wounds of my life. No minimizing, no comparing, no rationalizing, no excusing. Just admitting I have pain that has caused me to act out in ways that are not according to God's plan.

Interesting that two articles which came across my inbox today both addressed the same issue: my plan vs. God's. Dr. Neil Anderson's take here. Dr. Larry Crabb's take here.

Seasons, themes, patterns, consistency, order, calm, peace, hope. This is God's way. I'd rather walk my journey through His eyes than stay in my own stumbling darkness.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all from over here in Richmond! Heading to Arizona for 2 weeks tomorrow. Will e-mail you when we get home!
    From one in law to another,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brad, I hope your time in Arizona has been a retreat and sabbath for you. Praying for your future plans. Keep us posted.

    J

    ReplyDelete