Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Time is Money

I don't know where the time goes. I barely blog twice a month. I've virtually quit tweeting on Twitter. I post the occasional poem and update my Facebook status at least once a day. I hike, weather permitting. Attend ladies' Tuesday morning book study. Visit a widow in the care centre far less often than I'd like. Occasionally hang out with a friend and her two young, delightful children. Coffee sometimes with friends. Sleep too little.

I don't know where the time goes. While I read several blog posts each day, it takes months to finish a book. Housework pines for my attention. Laundry gets done by someone else. I don't watch TV. Rarely listen to music. I don't waste time. I spend it, but I don't know how. It just seems to be gone.

Please don't go all left-brain on me and ask me to write down how much time I spend doing what. I forget routines as quickly as they are introduced. I follow the flitting butterfly of inspiration and try to corral words into some semblance of order without being prosaic or using the word "dance."

Where does time go? It passes while I think. "I think. Therefore I am?" Or is it rather "I am, therefore I think?"

Just wanted to send this question out. Not looking for advice, just testimony.

Where do you spend?

1 comment:

  1. "I forget routines as quickly as they are introduced. I follow the flitting butterfly of inspiration and try to corral words into some semblance of order...."

    That about sums it up for me too!

    ReplyDelete