Wednesday, June 29, 2011

God Be Praised

In February 2010 I was at the end of my rope. I went to Florida with one of my friends and spent a great deal of time seeking God. One night I heard a song via a website and these are the lyrics that touched me and would not leave my mind. I'm grateful to Gateway Church for providing me a copy.

God Be Praised
by David Moore & Alena Moore

VERSE 1
You saved my life from death
When I was all but defeated
You spoke Your promises
And brought life to my weakness
Came as a conquering king
And You warred for my freedom
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

VERSE 2
You opened up my eyes
For the first time I saw You
Your love commanding life
And deserving devotion
You told me who I am
Now in faith I believe it
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah

VERSE 3
You’ve made a place for me
Silenced all my accusers
Leading me forth with peace
Filled with joy, I will follow
Your cross demands my life
Now Your grace is my anthem
My soul can’t help but sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah

CHORUS
Hallelujah, we’re redeemed and made free
By the blood of the Lamb, we have won
Hallelujah, we will sing victory
Jesus conquered the grave, God be praised

No comments:

Post a Comment