Friday, January 25, 2019

My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose

Today is Robbie Burns Day. One of my most favorite songs is a choral setting of Robert Burns' poem: "My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose." I have created a video with the song, featuring a photo-diary of  my love, marriage and life with Henry. It parallels the poem in many ways. I am so grateful for this love and for our life together.

Please enjoy the music and share our joy.



Poem by Robert Burns
Music composed and arranged by Bill Douglas

Sung by The Ars Nova Singers
Conducted by Thomas Morgan
From Songs of Earth & Sky/Hearts O'Space Records 11083-2

Photo credits:
Laura-Anne Smid, Engagement
Jill Hopkins, Wedding
Andrew Harback Photography, Wedding and Anniversary
"Which Santa?" by Meester Mustard
Balance of photos from personal collection

No comments:

Post a Comment