Sunday, October 16, 2005

Joy redefined

I'm much more creative when my energy isn't being totally spent on non-creative things like the necessity of work. The blog is a venting place, a diary, could be completely uncreative compared to others, I just like to talk and give my opinion, truth be known!

Life is so much about the journey. I never want to lose sight of the destination, because that is the purpose of the journey, but I can't expect heaven on earth.

Had a great lightbulb moment last night based on someone else's sharing in the service... She said she used to pray for joy and strength because "the joy of the Lord is your strength" right? Well, it finally hit her that the joy being referred to is His joy, not ours. It is the joy we bring to God's heart when we willingly do what He has put us here to do. Our strength comes from knowing that what we are doing, with His glory in mind, brings Him joy. So when I grumble and complain about my mundane tasks, housecleaning or the drivers on Deerfoot, we grieve the Spirit and live a powerless life. Instead, when I bless someone, like saying a kind word to the cashier in training after waiting in line for 20 minutes, that choice brings joy to the Father and reflects His heart for people.

I am managing A's hockey team and the coach has already asked me to do far more than I expected. So I have a choice. Complain or do it knowing that a willing heart brings joy to God and opens up opportunity for connecting others to Him when they see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment