Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Screened Again

I tried to look at my own blog and my own computer screening software blocked it for "hate and violence." Okay, here's a challenge for you - read my entire blog and tell me where I promote hate and violence!

Who programs these things? I look up definitions in an online dictionary and get blocked. Artificial intelligence is a frightening concept when it depends on the moral values of a video game programmer masquarading as a computer security geek. Like early hackers who felt snooping around other's computers was their right, now those I seek out to protect me from filth on the net are restricting my free expression by their definition of "hate and violence?"

Good thing I'm not a politician! I would have been impeached by now. Long live the unblocked blog - as long as it doesn't violate my values.

No comments:

Post a Comment