Monday, September 11, 2006

Quiet Life Moving to a Quicker Pace

Isaiah 30:21, “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” (NIV)

As of October 2, 2006, I will be employed again, four days per week. It will be in my area of passion: inspiring others to positve change. I will be supporting the work of our church by giving administrative assistance to 4-5 pastors and staff members.

I have huge butterflies in my stomach thinking about the implications for stewardship of my time. However, they have honored my need to balance family needs and my volunteer/lay leadership with my employment. I believe the environment is one of family friendly, supportive, relaxed comradeship with excellent leadership, a passion for excellence and a heart for people.

Having worked in corporations that provided generous compensation, my only hesitation about the job was the significantly reduced rate of pay. My brief internal struggle was easily set aside when I read this quote from Erwin McManus in "Stand Against The Wind":

The heart of a fool is motivated by personal gain. The heart of wisdom is motivated by the good of others. While wisdom does not always guarantee a life of riches and honor, wisdom always produces a rich and honorable life.



1 comment: