Monday, October 09, 2006

Canadian Thanksgiving

Today my mother in law worked tirelessly preparing the turkey, baking buns, baking chewy gingersnap cookies, peeling potatoes, baking pies and even watching laundry when no one else was home briefly. I prepared candied sweet potatoes, the table setting, the gravy, carved the turkey, mashed the potatoes, poured the sparkling apple cider and cleaned up the dishes before and after.

Our family had a delightful visit over our feast with dear friends Norm and Joanne (if I could have picked my family I'd have picked them), my neice and her hubby who had been out of town all weekend and came back just in time for dinner, and of course, "Grandpa and Grandma" (to my son).

We laughed together at a silly movie before everyone went their way, smiling and satisfied, body and soul.

I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for friends. They give meaning to this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment