Monday, January 29, 2007

One Track Mind

Perhaps you believe I think of nothing else but hockey. I must admit, it fills a great deal of my time. However, it is one of the few things that are not mundane in my life. One doesn't write about the laundry or other chores. One doesn't write about the necessity of prioritizing the workday. One just does it and moves on.

But the pause in my day, the selah, if you will, is the 2 hours spent watching excellence in action. We are incredibly privileged that AGB is playing in this league. The play is fast and entertaining. Tonight these young men kept themselves in check and took very few penalties. AGB was excellent in net again. We won over a higher ranked team 6-3. My husband finds it interesting that two former NHL players were in attendance as their sons were on the opposing team. The opposing team also lost two players to suspensions due to major penalties, one of which (boarding) required in stitches to our player. We're grateful he could return to the game, he's a tough defenceman.

Two wins in a row for my son in net. The last win wasn't credited to his stats due to a computer glitch. That is an entirely separate rant I have decided to set aside. It's painful, however, not to receive credit where credit is due. I will leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment