Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Feast 143

from www.fridaysfeast.com

Appetizer
Tell about a time when you had to be brave.

When we were finishing our mountain bike adventure that took 6.5 hours instead of the guide book's 2-4 hour estimation. It was getting dark, we were out of cell phone range, riding and walking and resting on the last arduous 9 km (mostly uphill) back to our vehicle after getting off the mountain. My son was beyond exhaustion because he'd ridden much harder than I on the 600 metre ascent and hadn't eaten in some time. Two vehicles passed us but would not provide assistance - the occupants in both cases were rather unsavory characters - and I began to realize how vulnerable we were in such a remote location. I wouldn't even think about the fact we were in bear country. I made a lot of noise, stayed calm and kept a brave face for my son but inside I was praying like crazy that God would protect us. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."

Soup
Which upcoming movie are you excited about seeing?

That just isn't on my radar. I just watched Stranger Than Fiction with Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson and I really enjoyed it.

Salad
Name an item you try to always have on hand.

Toilet paper.

Main Course
Imagine the most relaxing room you can think of. Now describe it!

The massage therapy room. Dimly, but fashionably lit, accented with candles. Serene, appealing music and nature's sound effects piped in at the right volume. Aromatherapy scent permeating the air, fresh clean linens to lie on, soft cushion on which to lay my head, perfectly heated bags resting on my lower back and shoulders, and the skilled therapist with astounding accuracy applying deep tissue massage on the strained muscles and it all begins to ease away the tension of the day.

That will be $65 please.

Dessert
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being highest), how spiritual or religious are you?

The one who is truly spiritual will not necessarily be conscious of it, because he or she will be so completely immersed in God himself. Those who think they are religious are often the farthest from it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I would love a massage room. I love your Main course. Just think the sounds of nature could be sounds of water. Let's just have it without the $65 charge. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my place! I have really enjoyed the feast!

    ReplyDelete