Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Day of Lists

It was my day off.

Our Big Vacation is just around the corner. I can't keep it all straight and there is SO much to do. So, I actually picked up a writing instrument, dug deep in the drawer by the phone for a note pad from our realtor (circa 2000 - the last time we needed him) and actually made out a List.

Places to Phone
People to See
Items to Return that Weren't Quite Perfect
Tasks: In the Yard
Chores: In the House
Items yet to buy for vacation


Then I went about doing all those items. Oh, but first...

Before I started ticking things off the list, I went to my first meeting for the summer study. We're going through "Can You Hear Me: Tuning In to the God Who Speaks." We took a tour of our 24/7 Prayer Room at the church - pretty cool. There is a most beautiful art piece: a cross made out of pipes and faucets. It was so aesthetically done that I was amazed at it's effect. I will take a photo and post it for you. The rest of the room is set up in various interactive prayer stations "decorated" along the theme of "water" - how it is spiritually symbolic and practically significant in the life of those who follow Jesus Christ.


I'm looking forward to more actively using the Prayer Room and to the new study for the summer.


Favorite quote on prayer: "Jesus sacrificed everything so that I could have free speech with God."


Goal for the summer: Make listening a higher priority than speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment