Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No Higher Calling

Motherhood.

Yet, my husband had to take my son to his first orientation at high school today because I couldn't get away from work. And I've missed his first two tryouts for hockey because I have a deadline at work. And he's eating frozen dinners he's cooked on his own because I'm at work.

Okay, so this is just a season. A temporary setback. A deadline I have twice or three times yearly.

And it's work I like doing. Enough to go in from 9 am to 11 pm on my day off.

But my son doesn't have me around.

Temporarily.

I'd better go to sleep before I think too hard about this one and quit a job I love. Unusual. I wanted to quit up until only 10 days ago but knew I was supposed to be there. My friend prayed for me and I felt a burden lift so tangibly it was almost like a whoosh physically.

Since then I've loved my work.

Now I need the burden adjusted about being a mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment