Saturday, September 01, 2007

Why is it called a dead line?

It's finished. The 24 page magazine of opportunities. I had the privilege of writing and/or editing it all and I loved every minute of it.

There is a weariness in work well done that is its own poignant reward for extensive labour. Sacrifice is softened, frustration forgotten in the glow of "You did a really good job on this."

Moving beyond relief to satisfaction, the affirmations are my reward:
"You bring good words to life,"
or from the one who said with incredulity:
"You've given us more input than we've ever had before"
and from the man in charge:
"You need to know that you are doing a great job and I for one am grateful for your willingness to take this on."

Ahh, the glow in my face over the weekend may not be just from the late summer sun....

No comments:

Post a Comment