Thursday, March 20, 2008

This Changes Everything

Resurrection Sunday. It's coming!

The promise of a new day, new life, new purpose.

In the chaos of frantically trying to do an 8 hour job in 4 hours, rushing to meet deadlines in a shortened work week, preparing to leave in a few hours to spend the weekend on a bus and in cold arenas with smelly hockey boys playing their hearts out...

In the midst of it all... I hear the still small Voice that says

Be still and know that I am God.

And my heart replies:

I am thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice
And it told Thy love to me
But I long to rise
In the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee

Draw me nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where thou hast died
Draw me nearer
To thy precious bleeding side

Consecrate me now
To Thy service Lord
By the power of grace devine
Let my soul look up
With a steadfast hope
And my will be lost in Thine.

No comments:

Post a Comment