Thursday, April 10, 2008

Heart Attack Snow

We are snowed under. Literally. I tried to shovel and gave up. I couldn't keep up and I was getting soaked. It's not cold, but the snow is wet and heavy. As of 5 a.m. even the weather forecaster didn't expect this kind of a dump. 25 centimeters. Nearly 10 inches. It's taking people hours to get to their destination. The city transit wasn't running, my son is home. There's no snow in Strathmore or Cochrane (both about 30 miles east and west respectively). A snow system stalled over my house. :-)

The picture above is the view outside my back door. The air traffic controllers say there is not a single flight that is not delayed or cancelled. Some planes are having to come back to the gate to be de-iced for a second time. My husband left at 6:15 and made it downtown to work fine, but by 8 a.m. traffic on the main boulevard out of our community was dead stopped in both directions.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 13 degrees celcius. That's about 55 degrees fahrenheit. You gotta love springtime in Calgary!

No comments:

Post a Comment