Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday Five (Yes I know it's Saturday but I'm still living on borrowed time)

1. The problem with not being in an active critique group or poetry class is that I don't know if what I'm writing is good, needs work or is simplistic juvenile crap.

2. Husband and I are reading a book about Love and Respect. More later. If you must have a hint, read the mandate here. The book Love and Respect (The Love She Most Desires / The Respect He Desperately Needs) won two awards in 2005: the Gold Medallion and Retailers Choice and has been selected as the 2007 Book of the Year for Family Christian Stores.

3. Son has girl troubles. Therefore we all have troubles.

4. The electrician installed two pot lights in my dark hallways and now I can see very lovely gouges in the hardwood floor that were mercifully unnoticeable in the dimness.  Were I to do it again, I would still opt for gouged light.

5. Why did the Pharisees think excellence was attainable? Why was it so important to them and why were they so blind to their own brokenness?  Why can't I remember that Jesus called them whitewashed tombs when I set impossible standards for myself?  

I am the broken beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment