A little levity here passed on from another blogger. Men, pay close attention because this is especially for you!
1. Fine - This is the word women use to end an argument. Do not say anything further. This is is the time when you keep your mouth shut.
2. Five Minutes - If she is getting dressed, this means a half hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game, before helping around the house.
3. Nothing - This is the calm before the storm. This means something and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing, usually end with fine. (see #1).
4. Go Ahead - This is a dare, not permission. DON'T DO IT!!
5. Loud Sigh - This is not really a word, but you need to be aware of its meaning just the same. This is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means, she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (see #3).
6. That's Okay - This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay, means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
7. Thanks - A woman is thanking you, do not question it or faint. Just say "You're welcome." (I want to add in a clause here - this is true UNLESS she says "Thanks alot" - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say "You're welcome" as that will bring on the next word which is 'Whatever').
8. Whatever - Is a woman's way of saying TALK TO THE HAND.
9. Don't worry about it, I've got it - Another dangerous statement meaning this is something a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking, "What's wrong?". (For the woman's response refer to #3).
What do you think, folks? Is this accurate or do we just callibrate the sarcasm meter and laugh together about this?