Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Three Gifts from God's Word



Gift 53: The unforced rhythms of grace:
Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly.
Matthew 11:28-30 MSG

Gift 54: A Quantum Leap to the top of Mazlow's Hierarchy
If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.
Matthew 10:39 MSG

Gift 55: A Primer on True Worship
When you come before God, don't turn that into a theatrical production... All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat?

Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.
Matthew 6:5-6 MSG

There's more. Oh, so much more. But the night is late and I have piles to go and need my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment