Friday, February 03, 2012

Potpourri of Gifts



81. The sunset last night

82. A dear woman who volunteers her time to fold bulletins.

83. Girls' Night Out with two sisters and a cousin who have adopted me as one of them.

84. PVR that makes it possible for us to watch the hockey game we missed.

85. Internet that tells us the score to the hockey game so we know whether we want to watch it.

86. Advice from a friend a few years ahead of me on this journey. Advice about accepting another person and God's grace. Gimme some of that. That's a gift I can use. That's a gift I need. Lord, help my unbelief.

87. The quiet after an emotional storm.

88. YouVersion Bible and the reading plans that make it simple and convenient to read the Bible systematically every day. I don't know that I've ever maintained that in my life.

89. Remembering an old, old gift: a paperback version of the Living Bible - given to me by a nameless, faceless Junior High Sunday School teacher. That Bible became my link to truth, to the words of Jesus, to an intimate relationship with God that reached its peak at age 17 when I would stay up late into the night, reading and wondering and being awestruck. Restore my child-like faith, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment