Monday, August 01, 2016

Photo Exhibition



I love retirement. For a while, while I was recovering from work and being widowed, I slept very late in the morning, sometimes even until the crack of noon. Now that I've settled in, remarried and relaxed, I've been waking and rising (for weeks now) anywhere from 5:30-8:30 AM every day. My body simply doesn't need to sleep any longer. Until yesterday, apparently.

I was scheduled to be at the artist's reception for our Power and Glory Photo Exhibition by 10:30 AM. I figure there's no need to set an alarm. We woke at 10:20 AM. Eeeeep! I did make it there by 11AM but if I missed any of you, I'm sorry!

"Of all the things I've lost lately, it's my mind I miss the most."

We had a great turn out and very affirming feedback from the attendees. An artist who works in oils and acrylics asked for a copy of my "Lean On" print (above) so that he can duplicate on canvas what he calls "the quintessential Alberta landscape." I'm honored!

This particular photo seems to have struck a chord, as this was the second request for it. I don't expect I'll ever actively market my photos, but if you're interested in one, contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment