Sunday, November 18, 2018

Great Love


On this day, 26 years ago, I went to "work" delivering this bouncing boy. Labour started about 4:30 a.m. and he was finally born somewhere around 8:30 p.m. I worked overtime for the next 17 years to  deliver my love to him and make sure he's healthy and where he needs to be.

He's a man now, and has added to my life exponentially in countless ways. I still send my love in countless ways, pray for him daily, but he handles his own health and appointment calendar just fine. His is the call I will always take, no matter the time, and the hardest part of my life is that we live a thousand kilometres apart. Although, if I lived in the same city, it's quite possible with our mutually busy schedules that we might not see each other much more than we do now.

I'm so proud of him. Permit me to beam. A first-year grade four teacher, a gifted musician with a published EP of original music, husband to a beautiful and equally gifted woman, master to a chocolate doodle who I'm proud to claim as my fur-grand. He has a strong, caring, fun-loving group of friends and family around him and is a killer game player, teaching us a new board game or card game at every holiday gathering. He has his father's tenacity, my love of words, and he cares deeply about his students, especially those who may have special needs.

Today on your birthday, Andrew, I give you the same blessing I have for several years: a time worn, faithful blessing given by the sons of Aaron to the children of Israel:

The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.


This year, I add my personal life verse:

I am confident of this very thing: that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it.

Happy birthday, beloved son.




Photo 1: Personal collection
Photo 2: Patchwork Media

No comments:

Post a Comment