Saturday, March 11, 2006

Wakey Wakey!

Dreams are tantalizing and cruel. Satisfying and tormenting. They play to personal satisfaction and desire; fulfill our potential, satisfy longing, and showcase our best.

I woke to one this morning which motivated a page of prose, got me out of bed even though I’m sick and gave me a Disneyesque spin through the fantasyland that could have been my life.

Life lived by my measure, my pleasure, my criteria. Without regard for the dreams of anyone else.

This is a trip I in which cannot indulge myself. The real stuff of living is the discovery of what fulfils the dreams of those I love. My heartbreak is in not being willing to abandon myself into the pursuit of these loftier goals.

“For it is in giving that we receive
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in dying that we are born to eternal life.”
- St. Francis of Assisi

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you know how much I like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no but I'm happy to hear about it much and often.

    ReplyDelete