Friday, January 05, 2007

Gifts in the Night

Last summer on our vacation, we stopped in Butte, Montana to see a big hole in the ground.

Actually, it was a mining operation.* While there, we struck up conversation with a mother and daughter. They were unsure their camera would capture the two of them in the complex lighting of the viewing platform, so I took a digital snapshot to email them when I got home.

I just found the email address today. Labels for this post could include "vacation", "disorganization", "relationships" and "duh"!

I hope they find the belated snapshot brings warm memories.

As for me, I am once again reassured that while I don't have everything in its place, if I just look long enough and hard enough (preferrably during an insomnia bout), whatever I'm seeking will eventually turn up.

Seems that some people are looking for happiness that way. Reminds me of "The Pursuit of Happyness" movie which says something about happiness not being attainable but must be continually persued anyway.

My preference is to think of the scripture: "Godliness with contentment is great gain."



*I won't address the environmental questions here which this long-standing operation raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment