Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hockey Tourney Update 2

It was a dark and stormy ... arena. The visiting team swept through the home team like a tornado in a trailer park. Final score: Calgary 6, Kindersley 1.
They were tourney hosts but ended up in 6th place. I'm sure the Kindersley mothers love their children too. A loss is always sad.
Our team was happy for the victory and only sad for our goalie that due to a final surge by the host team during a power play, the shutout was lost in the dying seconds. The adjacent picture is of a previous game when my AGB was in net.
As for our team, since it was New Years eve, most slept the way back to Calgary. I was glad to ride home with my hubby in our vehicle - he had come up just for Saturday/Sunday, his trip bookended on both sides by tickets to the Flames game.
Our New Year's eve was spent as follows: B to Flames game and then he and his neice & her hubby came over and we watched a movie. A went to a friend's house for a "sleepover" which was a wakeover until about 4:30 in the morning. Since that's not the first time a sleepover at that home ended up with no sleep, I think that's the last overnight visit there.
New Year's Day the guys attended the final of the Mac's Midget Tourney at the Saddledome while I shopped for groceries enough to feed 10 for dinner. We had a nice evening and all enjoyed falling into bed by 10:30 p.m.
I worked the next day. I'm very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment