Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday's Feast 142

from www.fridaysfeast.com

Appetizer
Name something you would not want to own.

A castle. Maintenance, insurance, cleaning, walking through the huge echoing hallways, trying to find my family members, the expense of furnishing it in a comfortable manner. The romance of it all is hugely overrated. I get tired just thinking about it.

Soup
Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).

Short, thick and healthy but coarse texture and naturally wavy. A flat-iron does wonders!
If left to its own devices, would be salt and pepper but every five weeks my hairdresser convinces it to be reddish brown with blonde highlights using some lovely romantically named colours like "sandswept sugar" and "coppermine bay." I like the woman in the mirror a little better when she looks cared-for.


Salad
Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget ___________.

I'll never forget standing on top of Jumpingpound Ridge after 3 hours of hiking/biking up 600 metres of rocky torture, hugging my son and descending the peak together singing in harmony: "You raise me up so I can stand on mountains...." You can read about it and see our pictures here.

Main Course
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?

Billy Graham. Because of the discipline and integrity of his life. Because he loves God and wants to introduce others to Him. Because he preaches so effectively with clarity and confidence. Because so many people have incredible respect for him.




Dessert
Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.

Jesus loves me, this I know.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce, great feast! Loved your salad!!! Happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joyce, I've enjoyed your feast very much - loved your main course! Happy weekend to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely feast with interesting answers to all the servings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great answers to the feast today! come dine with me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow; I haven't thought about furnishing a castle. You think that the time it's stood around that it has picked up an ottoman or three. Now the heating bill...and with no real insulation - my word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Feast. Interesting Appetizer. Thanks for visiting my feast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dessert confused me. Sorry.

    My feast is served, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janie,

    What is true: Jesus loves me
    What is not true: this I know

    Sometimes my feelings override what I intellectually and spiritually know to be true. Often I don't FEEL loved, or can't accept it, so I don't really believe that I am loved. Better to trust the facts than feelings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    My hair used to be kind of coarse but no more! I don't think I could be without my curler/hairdryer. It has been ages since I colored my hair but I understand what you mean when you say you like the women in the mirror better when she looks cared for. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete