Friday, March 28, 2008

Jasper Travelogue 2

Well, I survived.  I actually did quite well, considering those black runs were so steep.  I got to A's competition site, dug a flat platform in the snow where I could stand without tilting or falling over.  Otherwise, in my inflexible ski boots, it would have been an uncomfortable day. Generally nice weather - partly sunny.  Other parents of competitors kindly took me under their wing, led me down the easiest of the black runs, helped interpret what was happening with the comp.

I had started the day with a vicious sore throat, took a pain reliever in the morning and at noon and now I don't feel it at all.  

A had a great first run on the mogul course, made the cut and competed in the final. Pretty good for his first year competing.  All in all, a great day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment