Sunday, March 30, 2008

One Thousand Gifts

Gratitude.
I need practice. I don't know how long it will take, but I've taken up the challenge from another blog to list things (gifts) for which I'm grateful.

Learn to see them. Recognize them.  I'm starting. Want to join me?

John Milton wrote: "Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world."

Here I begin:

1.  The Gift of Absence has made me miss my husband, the one who takes care of so many details when we go away together.  I'm grateful I don't often have to manage without him.

2. The beauty of Marmot Basin.

3. A son who cares enough about his friends to help them choose more appropriate words to use in exclamations of frustration.

4. The athletic beauty of my not-a-boy not-a-man son as he glides down a black diamond mogul course, vaults himself into the air off the jumps and pulls a dazzling spin.

5. The giggles of five boys as they compete in X-box 360 skate and negotiate fair play.

6. Quiet clicking keys on the laptop that allow for blogging when sleep isn't gifted.

7. The privilege of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment