Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Looking for Light

I continue to name 1000 Gifts.

35. A prayer for light, and the grace I received in a blog post from Serena Woods:

The sun will rise and dissipate this dark night that scares and torments you. I have seen the sunrise. I have felt the warmth of new life on my face and I am here to tell you that it’s real.
36. Aging. It is a grace that reminds me how much living is left to do.

37. Again, another grace from the "grace is for sinners" blog,
Job submitted his fate and every speck of hope and doubt leading up to it, to God. It was complete and total submission because Job knew who God really was. He told God, “Even if you kill me, I’ll still trust you.”

Do you know God like that?

If God is in control, then your circumstances are God’s will. You can’t submit like that if you don’t know God like that.
I wanna know God like that. Does that mean God will allow the trials of Job in my life? Maybe. Can I come to the place where I can say, "Even if you kill me, I'll still trust you." ???

I guess that's a choice, isn't it?

Lord, increase my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment