I'm going to catch up for January on my gratitude list. Just because Ann dared me. I like Ann. I think this is a pretty safe dare! I dare you to join me.
1. Three things about myself I am grateful for.
- I'm generally healthy
- I love deeply
- I have a voice
- the amazing Alberta sunrises and sunsets
- my sweet, warm, soft, cuddly canine companion, Bernadette
- the pot roast we had for dinner
- A son speaking of his mother: "I have never heard her say anything negative about anyone." Would that it were me, perhaps I can start now.
- "Mercy triumphs over judgment"
- My colleague speaking of his spouse: "My wife is a Proverbs 31 woman." What beautiful praise.
- Old: A parishioner asked me to find audio of "The Servant Song." The lyrics are a gift and a reminder of my calling to be a servant as a follower of Jesus. Click on the title to listen to the song in YouTube.
- New: A dear sister in the church who has gifted me with her time as a volunteer to spend an hour each week folding bulletins.
- Blue: The Alberta sky
- Reading: Project 51, from YouVersion Bible on iPhone. Reading the New Testament and Psalms in the Message translation over 51 weeks, at about one chapter per day. The best gift today was Matthew 5, the Sermon on the Mount.
- Making: Strides (in gratitude listing and in the spiritual discipline of being in God's word).
- Seeing: a physiotherapist who is helping heal my physical pain.
- Bag: A new wallet to replace the one stolen. All the contents are replaced, with minimal impact.
- Fridge: Raspberry Syrup, my son's favorite. Reminds me of him every time I see it.
- Heart: Tremendous gratitude for the people who love me unconditionally.