Monday, March 20, 2006

The Speck and the Log

Jesus had a way of getting to the heart of the matter. When it came to criticizing others, he had a simple way of putting it: (click here to read it). My pastor made it even briefer this morning: don't judge.

Someone close to me is upset because I dared to suggest they not forward emails. Apparently I said it too tersely (it was in a brief email reply to the untrue email rumour they had forwarded) and the idea that I, a younger woman (thanks for the compliment, I'm 48 actually) would dare to presumptuously "advise" an older woman means I have quite a speck in my eye.

I'm sure I do. I have a log or two as well. This is the day when my faith gets feet and I keep my mouth shut and pray for this woman who is so easily offended.

When it comes to hatred, anger and animosity... let me do as Steve Bell suggested in his concert tonight: let the buck stop here. Negative things grow a life of their own when they are passed on. When I absorb it, as Jesus did, it fizzles out.

Love covers a multitude of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment