Friday, January 13, 2012

1000 Gifts: Three sounds I hear

I continue to name 1000 Gifts.

41. The roaring of the wind I almost wanted to name as wicked. It is not. It is a gift. After my conversation last night with dear friend, Jackie, I know it can be Healing Wind from the hand of our all powerful God.
John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.

42. I hear water. Trickling through the humidifier to moisten the dry, winter air that steals moisture from everything in this home. This is a gift: to bring water to dry places, to nourish, to sustain.

43. I hear the soft snuffles of my dog, Bernadette. Aging and ageless in her blindness and blind devotion. She is in pain, nearly deaf and she is still unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment